Joining the WRG
How does it work?
The WRG is member-led, with all activities planned around the interests of its members. It's your chance to support the local interpreting/translation community, share ideas, get advice, and professionalise what we’re doing. For the low membership fee, you can:
- get listed on our WRG homepage and receive free WRG business cards to promote your membership
- make friends and future colleagues to collaborate on projects
- access our Yahoo Group and engage with fellow interpreters/translators (seek advice/share ideas etc.)
- join in our full programme of events – from monthly socials to training events and the annual Christmas meal
- keep yourself updated on all the national and local (Bristol/Bath/Cheltenham region) events we find
- further your professional development by taking part in our annual CPD event and more
- shape what the WRG does and contribute to its aims
You get to be a member of an active group, which:
- works with the ITI and other regional groups to promote the profession
- through its members, is active in a range of business areas and shares opportunities
- is a member of Business West and the Chamber of Commerce, offering you discounts on training courses, among other benefits
Who can join?
Membership is open to members of the ITI and to anyone interested or involved in translation and interpreting. Most of our members are freelance translators and/or interpreters.
How do I join?
To complete and submit an online application form, click here. You can also contact the Coordinator for information about the next meeting.
Who should I contact?
To join, complete our online form here.